I would have teased Starla and Jen about Mr. Bunny's death, but the guards were after us and I couldn't afford to lose my energy.
I wish we could use our wings. We travel much faster faster with them on. No one can travel 200 mph on foot. It would be helpful, but humans are here. No use risking our secrets. Unlike OneRepublic.
I was ahead in the Cops v.s. Angels game and Starla and Jen were right on my tail. The guards took our guns and got ready to fire. One gun was aiming at Starla. Normally, I would have let him fire without warning, but, even though I hate to admit, she's one of my best friends.
"Starla! Duck!" I yelled. The bullet whizzed over her head and into a tree. People from the park screamed and ran around like idiots.
Welcome to our world.
I jumped over a park bench with the girls behind me. The buff guard climbed over it and shot. The fat one almost tripped over it. The shot at the same time. It didn't hit us, thankfully. We ran down the path and saw an old man in his golf cart. I pushed him off and waved sorry. Starla and Jen scrambled on. I hit the gas and the gold cart ran.
The cops didn't give up. They found a motorcycle and slid on (well, Fatty sort of hung over the edge). Then they whirred toward us.
Oh, shit. Motorcycles are faster than golf carts.
"Go faster, idiot!" Starla yelled.
"This is as fast as it can go!" I yelled back.
"Jen, try to jumpstart the engine!" Starla yelled. Jen searched until she found the engine. Jen's power: elemental magic. So that's water, fire, air, earth, lightning, and metal. The rest are unknown. Elemental magic has unknown powers even the Light Council doesn't know about. Anyway, she summoned the lightning power slightly and touched the wires. They sparked wildly and the cart lurched forward. The speedometer cracked. Yes! The motorcycle was speeding up though. I looked at Starla who was grinning at Jen and then slightly smiling at me. That's new. Then, her eyes were filled with terror.
"ALEX! The fountain!!!" she screamed. I looked back on the road and saw we were barreling straight into a fountain. Bystanders shrieked and headed for cover. I turned sharply to the right and safely avoiding the fountain, pulling up a few bricks on the path. I heard Jen sigh in relief.
The cops had a different story. They rammed straight into the fountain. The bystanders screamed even louder and ran away. Water spurted everywhere along with chances of cement and limestone. We pushed the cart to the side and watched the whole array. When everyone left, we checked on the cops.
"Knocked out. Starla and Jen, you probably will need to wipe out the memory of everyone in the park in the past hour," I said.
"Everyone?! That's more than 300!" Jen shrieked.
"It's for the safety of angels!" Starla said. Jen and I looked at her in surprise. She glared back at us.
"Well, duh! If angels like us come into "America's Breaking News", we're dead! I can't believe I'm saying this...but, Alex is right. I'll help you, even though its not my specialty," Starla blurted out. I couldn't believe it. Usually, Starla would say the opposite of what it is.
"Well?!" she thundered. She pulled Jen next to her and she yelped in surprise. Soon, a white aura surrounded them. Memory Wipe. I decided to help. Soon, everything that everyone had was in my head. Pushing the old man off the cart. Bullets whizzing above Starla's head. Almost crashing into the fountain. My head throbbed and I could tell the girls' did too. It's painful absorbing the memories of others. I saw other memories too. A man jogging. Some old lady feeding the birds. And a...woman taking a bath... I think I might have turned red.
I panted, "Done." Jen and Starla were on the verge to collapse. All in a morning's job.
"Get ready to see this news report on "Good Morning America"," Jen smirked. Then, we took off in silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment