I put my books in the corner and summoned our packsacks. I tossed Alex his and Starla hers. Then, I looked inside. My panda pillow pet, blankets, my laptop, extra clothes, spell books, and a communication system to the angels. I put my blankets and pillows down and my books in the corner. I looked at the first one. Matched by Allie Condie. I curled up on my pillow and started to read.
I looked up from my book and saw Starla flopping around in her bunny slippers. Alex was cleaning his new Tonfa Blasters. I smiled. At least they weren't fighting. Finally some peace and quiet.
"Shit-what did you do to Pikachu Alex!?" she yelled.
"Isn't it obvious? I hung him," he said.
"But-but," Lucy stuttered.
"It's mine, right? I put it in good use," Alex replied.
"Lucy!" I said. I couldn't bear the fighting.
"What?" she said. A sudden question popped in my head.
"How come you can see us? We did the invisible spell correctly, right?" I asked.
"That is a good question, now that you think about it. You can see us and hear us and feel us. Usually you can't and we'd have to turn visible," Starla pondered.
"Let's test that theory. How many fingers am I holding up?" Alex said. He held up all his fingers.
"Uh...five," Lucy said.
"No! The thumb isn't a finger. So its four," Alex said, "God, I thought everyone knew that." Lucy sighed.
"You can see us Lucy," Jen said.
"There aren't any glitches in the spell. I checked our spell log," Starla said, flipping through the log book, "Oh, I remember this spell. The one where Alex-"
"No! Don't say that out loud!" he begged.
"Why? No one can hear us," Starla said, smirking.
"Lucy can hear us!" Alex said.
As Starla and Alex bickered, I whispered, "Starla cast a spell on Alex where she set his head on fire and he didn't realize it. Half his hair was burned to a crisp by the time he realized it. It was on video. I can give you the tape..." Lucy giggled.
"Alex! Why don't you...go get us some dinner? Maybe some fish?" I asked.
"Sure. Lucy can I borrow 50 bucks?" Alex asked.
"You don't need fifty dollars to buy fish!" Lucy said.
"I know that. I just want to go buy a Ripstik, you know that cross between a snowboard and skateboard," Alex said.
"Take the ten dollars," Lucy said as she took some out from her pocket. Alex soared off.
"Don't fly, you idiot! Someone can see you!" I said. Starla sighed.
"Angels, huh? I wonder what the world really is..." Lucy said.
"The world really is? There's us the light angels," I said.
"Then there are the dark angels. The alter ego of us," Starla said.
"Then there are the pegasus, dragons, fairies," I said.
"Plus the werewolves, vampires, and dark fairies," Starla added.
"How big is the world?" Lucy asked.
"No one knows, but I can tell you, its beautiful..." Starla sighed. I smiled. Soon the angel communicator vibrated. I rushed over and listened to it.
"Jennifer Gomez. Headmaster awaits to speak with you," the messenger said.
In the back I heard Headmaster's voice.
"HELLO? JEN? CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Headmaster yelled. I kept the earpiece away from me.
"You don't have to yell, sir," I said. Headmaster calmed down.
"Oh, I just want to check on you three. Have you met up with Luigi?" he asked. I sighed.
"It's Lucy, sir. And yes, we have," I responded. The Headmaster was cut off.
"I'm sorry, but Headmaster is having some trouble breathing. We will get to you as soon as possible. Thank you," the messenger said. I clicked the off button. Another health problem, but he can't die. He's immortal...right?
No comments:
Post a Comment