The Story of the Guardians

Guardian Angels. A 14 Year Old Teenager As the Child Of Misfortune. Combine them and you get a crazy adventure. Join these four teens as they travel around to save Lucy. But fate can't be reversed...or can it?

Friday, May 25, 2012

Chapter 15 ~ Jennifer

I woke up feeling lightheaded. If felt like my insides were tied up. Everything was fuzzy. I blinked and everything came into focus. I realized there was a wet rag on my head. My shirt was bloody and Alex was healing one of the cuts on my chest. I winced as the magic surged into my body. Starla was back, conversing with Lucy.

"Starla-" I said as I winced. Starla looked over.

"She's conscious again," Starla said with a sigh of relief.



"Jen, don't talk. Alex said not to. We cleaned up your cuts. We're in the forest now where the dark angel was camping out. You passed out. Starla went to freaked out and almost twisted Alex's head," Lucy said.

"But-" I croaked.

"Shut up Jen. When you move around, the bleeding starts again. Wait, until the magic settles," Alex muttered as he sent more energy coursing through my body. I winced, but I felt the flesh begin to close up. I sighed.

"Hey, Nightwalker,"Alex said. Starla winced.

"What baka?" she growled. This isn't a good time to piss her off, Alex.

"Why did you leave us? Four is better than three! We could have gotten the job done quicker and escaped, keeping Lucy safe!" Alex said. Lucy rubbed her forehead, the place where Alex said she was whacked in the head.

"Three? Lucy shouldn't have been fighting," Starla said.

"They're butts got whipped and I had to get in there. I couldn't help it," Lucy said, "I can't see my friends in danger."

Starla burst out laughing, "So lame!" I was ready to punch her in the face. I let Alex do the work. Starla squinted her eyes.

"I was half-tired from carrying Lucy. I couldn't have fought as well as I could," Alex argued.

"My situation was way more important than yours!" Starla said back.

"Hmm?" I asked. This I wanted to hear. So Starla explained everything that happened in the story.

"Thank God no one was here..." I sighed. The others nodded in agreement.

"Jen..." Lucy asked gently. She leaned over and brushed the hair off my face.

"Lucy, all we care about is your safety," I said. She looked up.

"What?" she said dazed.

"That's our job," Starla said, "We're like tools to help you. We have no meaning in life, but to protect the one."

"That means you have no life then!" Lucy said. We stopped and stared.

"Lucy forget it. I'll give you some wings so you can fly home. You need to be safe and away. It's dangerous here," I said.

"No!" Alex said.

"It's not my life force idiot. I still have some power inside me. I don't go down so easily," I smiled. Starla looked pained and looked away.

"Lux Angelus alis cresce Luceat viam in lucem!" I chanted as I blacked out. One thought came into my mind.

Let Lucy be safe...



Author's Note: I am SO sorry for the late update. The EOC's and Final Exam's were all these two weeks and I'm terribly sorry for late updates. I'll be up to date at the end of this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment