Angel blood? How does he...
The guard grabbed me by the neck.
"Where are the angels?" he growled. The dog growled too.
"Never telling you! You'll never know!" I choked out. He tightened his grip. I clenched my teeth and shut my eyes. Then, he loosened his grip and then let go. I gasped for breath. Then, I saw vines wrapping around his hands and legs. Starla and Alex punched the guard in the face at the same time. Then, the stomach.
Then we made a run for it.
"Those vines aren't going to hold for long," Jen muttered.
"Who is that?" I asked.
"Dark Angel. Vive versa of guardian angels. Fluffy is a phantom dog. It's like he's...a more advanced form of Cerberus with one head," Jen explained.
"I'll grab your wings and pluck all your feathers off!" the guard said. He broke from his vines and raced after us.
"Come on. Time to fly," Alex said. He carried me bridal style and lifted me up.
"Ugh, Lucy. How much do you weigh?" Alex groaned. I slapped him in the face.
"Let's get going," Starla said. We took off. The dark angel and Fluffy flew up too. I saw that his wings were a dark color. Sort of purple-black.
Then I realized I was in the air.
Now it would have been fun. If you took out the part of the dark angel, phantom dog, and Alex complaining about my weight.
"Lucy, you need to try some diet skills. Eat lettuce and-" Alex said as I slapped him again.
"It's not her weight, dweeb. It's her bones. They're not hollow like ours," Starla muttered.
"I-I can't go any farther. Lucy's weighing me down and it hurts like hell," Alex said. I punched him in the face playfully.
"Fine, lets land and fight," Starla said. Alex put me down in a nearby bush.
"You guys fight him. I need to deal with something. Lucy, stay there," Starla said. I agreed, but I really wanted to help.
Alex gave the guy another punch in the face and summoned his new Tonfa Blasters. He shot and the whole place blew up. Alex smiled and them frowned. The guard was still at us.
"Oh, damn! They're scuffed up! I need to get this fixed," Alex said.
"Pretty impressive. You have a Tonfa. But, I have a Tonfa Weapon Shield. Hah! Now come here you puny things!" the guard said.
Jen chanted a spell that made him burst into flames. He jumped into the nearest pond. Jen cursed as he arose from the pond. Then, she summoned roots to tie around his ankles. She was pooped out by then.
The dark angel sent Fluffy flying at her. Fluffy grew bigger into the size of Alex, which is about five foot eight. He scratched on her chest and she screamed in pain. As Alex ran to help Jen, the dark angel became invisible and punched him in the stomach. He let out a cry in pain.
Damn it!
That's when I stormed in. I gave the guy a roundhouse kick and then a jab at the neck. Then, I used my pocketknife (which I always carry around) and stabbed him in the chest. He screamed and fell to the ground. I stomped on his face and took out the knife. He screamed again. He turned pale. I stuck out my tongue as he faded away.
Now to Fluffy. Jen, who was thankfully still alive, summoned lightning and zapped the phantom dog to nothing. Alex and I helped Jen into the water and washed her cuts.
"Such a fail, Alex. The mortal had to save the celestial," I taunted.
"Shut up or I'll shoot you with a Tonfa Blaster," Alex said. We fell on the water, not caring if some man eating creature was lurking around underneath.
No comments:
Post a Comment