The Story of the Guardians

Guardian Angels. A 14 Year Old Teenager As the Child Of Misfortune. Combine them and you get a crazy adventure. Join these four teens as they travel around to save Lucy. But fate can't be reversed...or can it?

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chapter 25 ~ Lucy

"Jen!!" I said as I went up to hug her.

"Nice to see you're okay," Starla said with a smile, crossing her arms. Alex looked over and his eyes seemed to say 'Welcome Back'.

"I...I got some bad news though," Jen said and filled us in. All our smiles faded.

"Vladmir...kills people for power?" I asked.

"Yep. And its growing. Fast," Jen said.

"Now, what? We have no way of tracking thanks to Master Alex here," Starla said, which made Alex glare at her.

"I got a blood sample of him from Professor. We can use that. And let me do the work," Jen said, glaring at Alex too. Alex looked at me for help.

"Leave Alex alone. He helped Starla and I avenge my parents," I backed up.

"Starla, didn't you say you needed to tell me something? Jen, hurry up and fix it. C'mon, Starla," Alex said as he twisted her arm and pulled her into a different room.

"Lucy, can you do me a favor and fix this? I think those two alone could cause an early apocalypse. The instructions should be on my phone," Jen said as she walked over to the room Alex and Starla where in.

I looked on her phone and saw the instructions.

In German.

She probably took German when she was in school before. Times when I actually hate her more than Alex and Starla are now.

"Jen! I can't read German!" I said, but she closed the door and didn't here me.

"Hey," someone said. I saw a boy about my age.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I yelled, "And how did you get on?!"

"It's Zach. No need to yell," he said.

"But, I thought you where the cloud...that was driving...and why are you human..." I said, confused. I reached over and tried to touch him.

Zach smiled and said, "Don't worry. It's on autopilot. And I AM a cloud. I can take human form too. You see, part of me is this car and part of me is what you're seeing. I got bored so I decided to freak you out and stuff."

"It's getting harder for me to be 'freaked out' since everything in my world is messed up like hell," I said frustratingly.

"You need anything?" Zach asked.

"Didn't you hear me screaming, 'I can't read German!'?" I said.

"No. I was too busy listening to Train. Let me guess. Jen left you alone with something important that's only read in German. Figures. Jen and I were in German class together," Zach said, scratching his head.

"That's great! You can help me right?" I asked.

"Well, my German's sort of rusty. Jen uses it all the time and I haven't spoken it for a few hundred years. Plus, I really didn't pay attention much," Zach said, turning red.

"Fuck. Now what are we going to do?" I asked.

"'We'?" he said.

"Well, you're now a part of this," I said.

"Who said so?" he asked drinking a glass of champagne.

"Me," I said with a glare. Zach dropped the glass and shuddered. Huh. Looks that my glare can kill.

"Fine. As long as you don't kill me," he said, grabbing Jen's phone. And that's how we got almost finished.

"All we need now is the blood sample," Zach said.

"But, Jen has it," I said.

"Exactly. That's why you need to get in there and take it," Zach said.

"Why can't you?" I asked.

"Because, I helped you enough," Zach said.

"It'll be too noisy. The door creaks," I said.

"Then, I'll turn you into a cloud," Zach said. I widened my eyes.

"Relax. Only for a while. That way, you can become part of me and take the antidote by using my body," Zach explained.

"Fine. But, you better know how to change me back," I said. Zach smirked and said, "I always do." He touched my forehead. I felt one hundred pounds lighter, but still solid. I looked around and found Zach.

"Just melt into me," he said.

"That's fucking gross," I shuddered, but I melted into him and into the wall. I found the wall where the three angels where in. The blood tube was in her pocket, hanging out. I tried to reach for it, but almost fell off Zach (it still sounds gross).

I turned my hand into a claw and reached for it again. This time, Jen moved around so she was nearly sitting on it. Damn it. I can't get it without touching her ass and that will be...what's the word I'm looking for?

AWKWARD.

"Oh, I'm sitting on the blood sample," Jen said. She put it on the table. Yes!

"Thank God its not smashed," Alex said.

"As I was saying, Lucy turned into the freak monster," Starla said. I froze. I'm not an eavesdropper, really. But can you not listen when one of you friends talks about you?

"Everything died in her path and she killed Abel in one blow," Starla said. When did I do that? I got to focus. The tube. I need to get the tube-

"Then, she turned back to normal with no memory," Starla finished. No memory. Why didn't she tell me?

"Why didn't you tell me!?" I yelled. The whole room became silent.

Oops.

"Lucy? Is that you?" Alex asked. Please. Please. Please believe it was the wind.

"Maybe it was the wind?" Starla said.

"Or maybe it's this weird arm sticking out trying to take the tube," Jen said, taking the tube away from me. I almost whined, but then remembered to stay silent.

"Lucy?" Alex asked, reaching out to touch the arm.

"Gotcha!" I heard someone say.

"Zach?" Starla asked.

"Duh! It's obviously a trick. You morons fell for it!" Zach said happily.

"Don't do it again or I'll rip the fluff off you neck," Jen said, "Lucy can't know about this."

"Ditto," Zach said, "BTW: I need the vial to finish the tracker. I'm helping Lucy finish it and she asked me to get it for her. And you just had to get the German instructions did you?"

"Sorry," Jen said, turning red. She handed the antidote to Zach and we got out of there. Then, I felt a sharp pain on my ass.

"What was that for?" I screamed.

"For blowing your damn cover. Now let's get this done with," Zach said with another slap.

"You can stop slapping my ass now," I muttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment