The Story of the Guardians

Guardian Angels. A 14 Year Old Teenager As the Child Of Misfortune. Combine them and you get a crazy adventure. Join these four teens as they travel around to save Lucy. But fate can't be reversed...or can it?

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chapter 26 ~ Starla

After that rude interruption of Zach, I continued to explain the rest of the situation.

"Well, this is new," Jen said.

"What?" Alex asked.

"That, I don't know what this is," Jen said. Starla and I sweatdropped.

"It sort of explains it. You know, usually there's one guardian angel for everyone, but three...there must be some kind of precaution to go with her," Alex said.

"You have a point. There must be something in Lucy that we don't know about," I said, "Something that Headmaster and the rest of the council doesn't want us-anyone-to know."

"Jen! It's finished!" Lucy yelled.

"I got to go. We'll finish this up later," Jen said.

"I'll go with you. I can't stay in the room with Starla alone for more than five minutes," Alex said, following Jen.

"Bastard," I muttered as I followed them. No use staying here.

"This looks right," Jen said, examining the tracker. Lucy slapped her.

"The instructions were in fucking German! Hell, I had to get help from Mr. Cloud Guy!" Lucy said.

"Don't call me that," Zach said. That must be Zach in his human form.

"I'm sorry they were in German alright? It's a habit," Jen said.

"That's a strange habit," Zach said. Everyone nodded, but Jen who turned scarlet.

"Shut up," she said.

"Why can't we just relax until another wave of murders strike?" Lucy pointed out.

"Point," I said. And that's what we did.

For at least five seconds.

The alarm thingy went off and we all took some of Zach and made earmuffs out of them, including little microphones so we can talk. Which I found really gross.

"What the hell?!" Alex said.

"It's the tracker!" Jen said, "Lucy, what does it say?"

"Buckingham Palace!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Oh, fuck, now Kate and Willam are gonna get killed?!" I said.

"They will until Zach steps on it," Alex said.

"Not helping!" I yelled. The earphones went all staticky. I was about to take them off, but then I remembered the tracker has a banshee scream.

"Don't yell in the microphone," Lucy muttered.

"Zach, step on it!" Alex said.

"Um...if you haven't noticed yet, the tracker looks like its about to explode!" Lucy said. She had a point. If you lisstened over the banshee scream, you could hear a faint ticking noise.

That was growing faster and faster.

"Drop it!" Jen said. Alex quickly pushed through the puff and shoved it out of Zach.

"No, wait!" Lucy screamed. More static. Then, the tracker exploded. Little bits of it came flying everywhere in the sky, but most of it landed on...

"The White House!" I screamed. The static was longer, but you could hear people screaming and running for their lives. Man, this reminds me of the the time when the White House was burning down. Lucy ducked as a piece of debris sailed over her head.

Forget that, though. We just bombed the fucking White House.

"Serves you right, Obama!" Zach said. We became all silent.

"What? I was rooting for McCain," he replied. More silence.

"Just get to fucking England!" Alex said, "Oh, no offense if anyone is Brittish."

I sighed and fell into the leather seat. When will we ever get a break?

"Hey, look at the news," Jen said, turing the volume on the flat screen louder.

"...reported dead and their daughter Lucy Cross gone missing. Officials are still unsure about her whereabouts, ut there was no trail of evidence, but of this letter V hanging over the Mr. and Mrs. Cross's heads," the reporter said. Then, the TV showed "BREAKING NEWS" on it.

"Every politian is fearing for everyone's safety in the White House. Yes, the White House was bombed-" the man said, before Alex punched a hole in it.

"Hey! That hurt!" Zach said.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I don't know. I couldn't control myself, I guess," Alex shrugged.

"So, the way to calm yourself down was punching a hole into a TV," Lucy said. Alex shrugged again. The idiot.

"Hey, we're here," Zach said. We all crowded around the window, Jen's face smashed into it. We saw Buckingham Palace.

And as I looked up, I saw a single dark feather falling from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment