The Story of the Guardians

Guardian Angels. A 14 Year Old Teenager As the Child Of Misfortune. Combine them and you get a crazy adventure. Join these four teens as they travel around to save Lucy. But fate can't be reversed...or can it?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chapter 24 ~ Alex

"Shit...where are they?" I wondered to myself. The GPS sort of hates me and even though I've been following it for almost an hour, I still haven't found them. And just when I think I was getting close, it just has to die on me.

C'mon. Laugh. Laugh at how all electronics hate me. Then, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Alex? Where the fuck are you?" Starla said.

"In the redwoods, but the GPS hates me so it doesn't work And worst of all it died, so now I'm stuck in this fucking tree praying the signal doesn't die! Does that explain the shitty question?!" I yelled.

"Of course it does!" Starla said sarcastically, "Just tell us which tree you're on and of course we WON'T FUCKING FIND YOU!" Then, a bunch of static until I heard Lucy.

"Alex?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Sorry. Starla's just mad. It's all my fault. I hurt my damn ankle and Starla was helping me up. After that, Starla and I flying to the landline until I saw a tree branch. I was yelling 'Duck! Duck!' and then Starla had to fly upward and say 'Where?' and then her wing got fucking busted and we're now trapped here," Lucy explained.

"Fine. This will be impossible to do, but I'll try and find you, okay?" I offered.

"Okay, just hurry up before she becomes Eros and tries to eat me," Lucy said as she hung up. I looked at my phone and remembered that there's a GPS on there! If all goes well, I can transport Angel Data on my phone and track them down.

Then again, usually all my experiments backfire. What was supposed to be Vladimir became that Abel dude. Who knows what might go wrong. Maybe my phone will turn into a nuclear reactor and destroy the whole Redwood National Park.

I'm just saying.

I undid the wires inside the GPS and sort of shoved them in the charging plug on my phone. I waited and...

My phone screen blacked out.

"Fuck!" I cursed, but then heard an entrance fanfare coming from the GPS.

The GPS must have taken the battery from my phone and used it to charge itself. So...it cancels out, right?

When the GPS turned on, it said a bunch of instructions, which I didn't listen to in the beginning. But one part caught me.

"When navigating yourself to find the angel, you must NOT follow the arrow but go the opposite direction, as if you were flying an airplane," the soothing voice saying all the instructions said.

So this is why listening to directions is important. Kids, listen up, always listen and follow directions or you may get yourself stuck in a national park lost with an I-don't-know-how-it-works GPS.

After five minutes I found them sitting at the landline, playing Angry Birds on an iPod touch.

"Yo," I said.

"Alex!" Lucy said as she ran up to hug me, Starla pushed her out of the way and punched me in the face.

"Really! It took you that long to find us?!" Starla asked.

"Yep. Now let me see that wing of yours," I said. Starla sighed, but pointed to the wing that was bent.

"Ouch," I muttered as I examined the damage. Her wing was bent pretty badly.

"So, now what Doctor," Starla asked.

"We'll need to get this wing amputated," I said.

"WHAT!?!" Starla yelled.

"Of course not, idiot. Now sit down. I'll fix that wing. Let me check Lucy," I said.

"And after Lucy, you may need to check your face!" Starla said, growling. Lucy held her back and sat down closer to me. I looked at it.

"You twisted this badly. Luckily, I can fix this instantly," I said. I placed my palms around her ankle and concentrated my energy on her ankle. Lucy winced, but that's natural. This is probably the first time magic has coursed through her body. Then, I let go.

"There, now try moving it," I said. Lucy cautiously turned her ankle.

"It doesn't hurt! Thank you so much!" Lucy said, as she gave me a hug. I pushed her back. I'm not much of a hugger.

"Starla, this is going to hurt, okay? It'll hurt to fly for a while," I said. I summoned a wing brace and some gloves. First, I numbed the wing and then bent the wing back in place. I used my magical energy to seal the bones inside and then put the brace on.

"Done. And I was nice enough to numb the pain for you, even though you don't deserve it Nightwalker," I said. Starla passed away that remark which is I guess her way of saying thank you.

"Now, let's go. I'll get Zach for us," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment