"Now what? We have no way of knowing goals or weaknesses, unless you want to travel to the Dark Side," Alex said.
"Dark Side should be our last plan. There has to be some other ways we can find more information on Vladimir Rachmaninoff," I said.
"I know someone," said one of the exterminators. Alex and I turned to look at him.
"My friend Louie has been researching Vladimir Rachmaninoff all his life. He should know some stuff," the exterminator said. We looked at each other, thanked the man, and then hopped onto a cloud.
"You know Louie Thomas? Take us there ASAP," Alex said.
"Sure, but it will take a while," the cloud said.
"We'll pay double the grease," Alex said. The cloud nodded and started to drive. My cellphone rang.
"Hold on, I have to take this," I said as I typed in the code to enter my iPhone.
"Jen!" Starla said.
"Starla? Where are you?" I asked.
"In California! Near the redwoods! We had a mix-up with one of Vladimir's lackeys. Lucy beat him up and we-"
"Lucy beat him up?" I asked questionably.
"Don't interrupt!" Starla said, "Anyway, we're...I don't know. My cell died so we had to use this stupid landline. Just use the GPS!" Then, the thing was cut off.
"Lucy beat up, who?" Alex asked.
"One of Vladimir's workers. Listen, you have to find them," I said as I passed him the GPS.
"Why me? I always do man work," Alex whined.
"That's because you're a man. They're somewhere in California, near the redwood trees," I said.
"Trees look the same," Alex pointed out.
"This one has red...wood?"
"Shut up. Fine, I'll find them. But you owe me something...like...a penguin!"
"A penguin?" I asked.
"A penguin!" Alex said as he flew off the cloud.
Fucking idiot.
x.X.x
"Mr. Thomas?" I asked knocking on the door. A tall man opened the door with a beard. He was holding a mug of coffee.
"It's Dr. Thomas for you," he said.
"Sorry, sir, to interrupt. But, may I please come in? I have important business with you," I asked. Dr. Thomas nodded and I walked in. I sat down at the coffee table.
"What do you need?" Dr. Thomas asked.
"I need some information on Vladimir Rachmaninoff," I whispered silently.
"I see. This is about the attacks. Come in my study," he whispered. He got a cup of coffee and then beckoned me to follow him into a wall.
"Um...sir?" I asked with a whisper, but Dr. Thomas signaled me to be quiet. Then, he pressed the wall really fast at random to me. Then, the wall tore apart into a secret study.
"Here is all the work I've done on Vladimir," Dr. Thomas whispered proudly.
"Why are we whispering?" I whispered.
"Because we are. Anyway, the folders are alphabetized so you'll be able to find info in a flash. It has the same technology as the archives," Dr. Thomas whispered. I nodded and thanked him. I then rushed to the W's. I took out the Weaknesses folder and plugged the card into my phone.
What it read was "Weaknesses: Unknown".
"Dr. Thomas?" I asked, not in a whisper. Dr. Thomas walked next to me.
"Unknown weaknesses?" I asked, gulping inside my head.
"Oh, yes. At his rate, no one had any chance of recording it. He'd strangle them before it happened. His mom might have been the only one to know, but she was a special case. I'm researching that right now, but it will take a while until I get solid proof," Dr. Thomas said.
"Shit," I muttered. This is a hell of a mess.
I wandered over to the G's and then pulled open the "Goals" folder. I plugged the card into my phone. At least this one wasn't unknown.
"Goals," I read out loud, "Vladimir's main goal is to achieve immortality and become the highest dark angel in time. So far, this hasn't happened, but because of a recent incident in the Cross household, Vladimir might have achieved his immortality." He hasn't yet. I mean he hasn't reached his full power!
But I pray to God that he'll never make his dream, or nightmare, come true.
"Sorry, sir, to interrupt. But, may I please come in? I have important business with you," I asked. Dr. Thomas nodded and I walked in. I sat down at the coffee table.
"What do you need?" Dr. Thomas asked.
"I need some information on Vladimir Rachmaninoff," I whispered silently.
"I see. This is about the attacks. Come in my study," he whispered. He got a cup of coffee and then beckoned me to follow him into a wall.
"Um...sir?" I asked with a whisper, but Dr. Thomas signaled me to be quiet. Then, he pressed the wall really fast at random to me. Then, the wall tore apart into a secret study.
"Here is all the work I've done on Vladimir," Dr. Thomas whispered proudly.
"Why are we whispering?" I whispered.
"Because we are. Anyway, the folders are alphabetized so you'll be able to find info in a flash. It has the same technology as the archives," Dr. Thomas whispered. I nodded and thanked him. I then rushed to the W's. I took out the Weaknesses folder and plugged the card into my phone.
What it read was "Weaknesses: Unknown".
"Dr. Thomas?" I asked, not in a whisper. Dr. Thomas walked next to me.
"Unknown weaknesses?" I asked, gulping inside my head.
"Oh, yes. At his rate, no one had any chance of recording it. He'd strangle them before it happened. His mom might have been the only one to know, but she was a special case. I'm researching that right now, but it will take a while until I get solid proof," Dr. Thomas said.
"Shit," I muttered. This is a hell of a mess.
I wandered over to the G's and then pulled open the "Goals" folder. I plugged the card into my phone. At least this one wasn't unknown.
"Goals," I read out loud, "Vladimir's main goal is to achieve immortality and become the highest dark angel in time. So far, this hasn't happened, but because of a recent incident in the Cross household, Vladimir might have achieved his immortality." He hasn't yet. I mean he hasn't reached his full power!
But I pray to God that he'll never make his dream, or nightmare, come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment