"Let's get out of here now. Quick, before the police come," Starla said. Lucy nodded and wiped her eyes. I sighed. Vladimir struck again. Jen muttered something.
"Jen, what's wrong?" I asked. Jen looked at me and I saw a worried look on her face.
"It's...just...dreams..." Jen said.
"Dreams as in scary dreams or dreams related to this thing," I asked. Jen pointed a shaking hand to the door. I nodded.
"You have to tell us. When you're ready, okay?" I asked. Jen nodded quickly.
"Hey, I'm coming with you," someone said. I turned around and saw Krystal, looking worried as well.
"Krystal, you have to stay here and watch your boyfriend," Lucy sniffled. Krystal sighed.
"I'll keep you guys updated on what's going on. I have Lucy's phone number anyway," Krystal said sadly. Lucy looked at her. Then she ran up to her and gave her a tight hug.
"I'll miss you," Lucy said. Krystal smiled and hugged her back.
"Let's get going," Starla said, "Lucy, I have a special way of traveling for you so, Alex, don't worry about carrying her." I sighed in relief.
"But you'll have to carry her for a while," Starla said.
Fuck.
x.X.x
"Where is he?" Lucy asked.
"It's the cloud," someone said. The cloud changed into a human shape.
"I'm Zach, traveling cloud and friend of Starla's," Zach said. Lucy stared.
"Clouds? Angels? What else? Flying horses?" Lucy yelled to the sky.
"Actually, flying horses really exist you-" Jen started, before she caught Lucy's glare. Damn, that glare is piercing.
"Climb in," Zach said, changing into a limo, "I won't bite. Hell, I don't have fucking teeth, I'm a cloud." Starla climbed in automatically and Jen went in right after. Lucy looked at me.
"Ladies first," I said.
"What, you scared?" I asked.
"Hell no. Jen is always talking about me being a gentleman," I said. Lucy smirked, but hopped in. I climbed in afterwards.
Zach, the cloud limo, was awesome, for a cloud limo. It was probably the biggest and most comfortable you can get with limos. Somehow, the cloud got us some beds to fit inside and personal TVs. Included with that is a nice bathroom with a shower and a Xbox 360 for us. Radio stations all around the world, kitchens, and some wonderful prepared food for us.
"Nice," I said. Then, some food appeared at the table. Bacon and eggs and pancakes.
"Breakfast's served," Zach said. Lucy picked at her pancakes. Starla and I shoved egg in our mouths and Jen put a helping of bacon on her plate.
"Now let's talk serious," I said. Lucy looked up.
"I was thinking we go look up things on the Angel Archive," I proclaimed. Now Starla and Jen looked up.
"We can't do that. Lucy can't come," Jen said.
"Jen, you and me can go to the archives. Starla and Lucy can use my laptop to see if anymore casualties have happened and investigate," I said.
"But, first...I wanna tell people about my dream," Jen said as she explained what happened. Oh, fucking hell.
"Vladimir better rot in hell after we're done with this damn mess," Lucy said.
x.X.x.
After we had entrance to the Angel Archives, we ran straight in the R aisles.
"Rachmaninoff," Jen muttered. I looked at the beginning and started to look through cabinets. Jen did the same.
"He can't be too far off, right?" I said until Jen pulled out the folder of Rachmaninoff.
"Thank God Starla isn't here. She would have been stupid and looked farther on," I said.
"Thank God Starla isn't here. No more bickering for now," Jen sighed. I took the folder from her hands and laid out the card. I walked to the nearest computer and plugged in the card. For all you new timers, the archives couldn't hold all the files in these folders, so they scanned the files into an electronic holding card, like a flash drive. Plug it in the computer and then you got all the info on whatever.
"This is shitty hell," I said.
"No kidding," Jen replied, "Anyway, this has way more information than the online encyclopedia. And check this out his brother Sergei was born a light angel and Vladimir was born dark. That means-"
"-one of his parents must have been light and the other dark." I finished. Jen nodded. Rare how those two fell in love. Wonder how.
And also whoever the light angel was is fucked up.
"Anyway, Sergei is a light angel and his specialty was music. Vladimir had a specialty as a strangler. It says in his childhood he was friends with his brother and also played piano. He was good until his brother became more famous. Vladimir became jealous, strangled Sergei's girlfriend, and then ran into the darkness. Then...well, you know the rest." Jen interpreted.
"Is there anyone we could talk to that's close to him?" I asked.
"Other than the Darkness? There's not many, but I think his mom is alive. His mom is the light angel," Jen said. I ran out the door and flew up to a cloud.
"Mrs. Rachmaninoff," I said. Then, my phone rang. Fuck. I picked it up.
"Idiot! You left me!" Jen yelled.
"Keep researching. I'll find out some info," I said. I hung up and then looked ahead.
"Here," the cloud said. I gave it a tip (extra fluff) and then ran inside.
"Ma'am?" I asked. I walked around on the creaky floor. I summoned my knife, just in case. I opened the bathroom to take a piss and then gasped. There was a dead woman in the bathtub and a bloody V carved on her forehead.
Looks like her son got to her first. I took away my knife, in case someone thought I was the killer and sighed. Then, I took out my angel contacting device and called Headmaster.
"HELLO?" Headmaster yelled in a deafening voice. His nose was all I could see. I almost dropped the thingy.
"Um...you don't have to scream," I said, "It's Alex. Alex Hagane?"
"Oh, go ahead," Headmaster said.
"Take a look. I was just here to meet Mrs. Rachmaninoff," I said holding the communicator over her.
"Oh, that's not good," Headmaster said. I sighed.
"I took some pictures and some fingerprints. I need to head back in the archives to do some research. Can you send some backup?" I asked.
"Of course," Headmaster said as he hung up. I looked back to the V.
Fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment