"Mom! I'm home!" I said as I ran into the kitchen.
"Whoa!" she said. I whizzed passed her and into my room. I saw the three still there.
After the run-in at the park, Starla and I rushed inside, Starla being invisible. Mom and Dad yelled at me for coming home so late, I quickly said an apology and they forgave me. Alex came in breathless on the balcony and Jen woke up soon after, probably from hearing a string of cuss words coming from their mouths. Then, I woke up today, left for school, and now I'm here.
"Finally," Alex said, with his mouth stuffed with marshmallows.
"You took forever. How long is your school time?" Starla said, with her mouth also stuffed with marshmallows. I looked at Jen.
"They're trying to see how many marshmallows they can fit in their mouth," Jen explained. I nodded.
"Fourteen," Alex said, squishing another one.
"Dude, that's freaking disgusting," I said, "Besides, what are we doing?"
"I don't know. Don't ask them, though. They won't answer," Jen said. I flipped through my iPod and put on some Gym Class Heroes.
"Lucy! Krystal's here!" Mom shouted. Starla swallowed.
"What?" she said.
"I know, I know. I don't know why the fuck she's here, but she isn't supposed to be here for another half hour!"
"I'm waiting!" I heard Krystal say from downstairs. I gulped.
"Shit," Alex said. I glared at him and they scrammed. Then, I raced downstairs to meet my friend.
"Starla!" Krystal said. I hugged her quickly and then looked at her.
"Krystal, listen I-" I started, but she raced up the stairs and into my room. I raced after her. She blew open the room. I sighed as I saw that the three idiots weren't there.
"So, what is it you need to tell me?" she said in her Pennsylvanian accent.
"I-nothing," I said. She smiled. Krystal is great and another castaway of our high school. She's what you call a delinquent. She'll spray paint the school wall one day and think of egging a house in her neighborhood the next. Plus, she's like Starla, cussing out pretty much everyone in the class.
Best Friends Forever.
"Hey, what's this?" she said. She picked up a gleaming white feather and held it up in the sunlight. Shit. Whosever feather that was, I made a mental note to mentally murder that person.
"Um...I don't know," I said as I shrugged. Krystal raised an eyebrow.
"Dude, this is a perfectly good angel feather. What the fuck is going on?" Krystal asked.
"Why would you think this is an angel feather?" I said. Man, I am so getting better on my acting skills.
"I...I mean, you have a dove here or something?" Krystal said. Wait, this couldn't be.
"Angel...you? You've got to be kidding!" I said in a joking voice. Krystal started to laugh nervously.
"Y-yeah," she said.
"Spit it out, Seaver," I commanded.
"Okay, I'm a guardian angel alright? I'm here to watch Leo," Krystal said quickly.
"You mean you're watching your boyfriend?" I yelled loudly. Krystal slapped me.
"SHUT UP! Wait, why haven't I disappeared?" Krystal asked.
"Baka! The only reason you haven't disappeared is this!" I yelled. Alex, Starla, and Jen came out and was laughing.
"Nice word play!" Jen said, smiling. Krystal looked angry.
"You mean you knew?!" Krystal retorted, "This is going to look ugly on my profile!"
"Who gives a crap?" Alex said, "Headmaster knew this was going to happen anyway." Krystal looked horrified.
"Why are you three here anyway?" Krystal said. We quickly filled her in. She had this blank look on her face the whole time. When we finished, Krystal was still mad.
"Anyway, we need to find you three a way to track Lucy at school," Krystal said.
"We already got you," Alex said.
"You guys are so lazy! It took me forever to get in the school!" Krystal retorted.
"This is easy though. We can just pretend we're each other's parents," Starla said.
"And when you're trying to get in with Alex?" Krystal said.
"Jen can wear a wig," Starla answered.
"Why me?!" Jen said.
"Then, again, if you don't want to wear it, we can always be lesbians," Starla said. Alex smirked while Jen and Krystal looked horrified.
"Fine," I said.
"Lucy, we need to talk," Jen said. We walked out into the balcony and I shut the sliding door.
"I'm not so sure we can trust Krystal," Jen said. I looked surprised. Jen is usually an easy going person.
"Why?" I asked.
"Well, that's because...well, Krystal is still an Ignotum," Jen said.
"Dude, stop being confusing," I said.
"Ignotum is Latin for 'unknown'. She's an unsure person. That means she can be passing on info to the Darkness and stuff like that. Something like the middle of a Light Angel. She can't be trusted enough, you know," Jen explained.
"So you're saying my best friend could sell me out," I said angrily.
"Well..." Jen started, but I already slammed the door.
Krystal would never do that...right?
No comments:
Post a Comment