"So, what are these ninja costumes for, again?" I asked.
"We need to blend in the dark. Plus, ninjas are awesome," Alex said, passing us shurikens.
"He has a point there. Not the ninja part, but the blending in the dark," Lucy said, "Hey, where's Starla?"
"I'm invisible, idiots. Think harder next time," Starla's voice said. Everyone sweatdropped in their ninja costumes. Soon, only Alex was wearing a ninja costume.
Along with a a bloody mouth and black eye.
I decided that if Starla was invisible, I might as well change as well. I felt myself getting smaller and smaller until all of them were giant size.
"Here, Lucy. You can have my invisible cap. I had it for my 123rd birthday," Starla said. She gladly took it, but accidently dropped it. The cap landed over me and I was stuck inside.
"Help!" I squawked. Lucy quickly picked up the cap and looked at me. I had huge eyes, big talons, and beautiful gray and white feathers.
"You're...you're..." Lucy said.
"A barn owl. This is my transfiguartion powers. Didn't I explain to you about it?" I retorted as I flew up to her. Lucy looked like she was about to faint, Alex put on the invisible cap and she disappeared. Soon, there was a pool of blood on the ground. Alex picked her up.
"Man, this is not stealthy," he grumbled.
"We're not trying to be stealthy, we're trying to fucking attack Vladimir!" Starla said.
"Jesus, we'll be seen if you two won't be quiet!" I hooted.
"Huh?" someone's voice said. We all jumped, at least I knew me and Alex did.
"Oh, it's Lucy," Alex said.
"Yeah, its me. Why'm I bleeding?" she asked seeing blood fall what looked like...nowhere.
"Oh, forgot. Hold still," Alex said, holding his hand against her head. I heard something of a slight sigh, but I couldn't tell who it came from. Could be Alex, exasperated. Could be Lucy, satisfying or feeling better or something like that. Or Starla, who was probably...
I shouldn't say anything or she might hit me.
"There," Alex said, taking his hand off. I had no clue what it looked like, but I could see it wasn't bleeding anymore.
"Thanks," she said.
"Can we get going now?" Starla said. I couldn't see her facial expression. Hell, I couldn't see anyone's! But, whatever, I led the way through the palace. It was night time, probably around 9:30 European Time, since we bombed accidently bombed the White House...which reminds me.
"Starla, can you do a time reverse?" I hooted.
"Sure, for what?" she asked.
"The White House, smart one," I cooed.
"Oh, yeah," she said, sweatdropping. Once again, I couldn't see her, but I could hear her whispering the enchantment. I summoned a screen of the White House and everything was coming back to normal slowly and slowly. People were going backwards into the building and I saw the tracker/nuclear bomb slowly rise up.
I used my ice power to freeze the tracker and I saw it fall down, without an explosion. Just the way it should be. And now that the thing cooled down, it probably won't spontaneously combust again. Thank God for that.
"Let's see...we need to go this way!" I said, flying to the left. I was going to make another left after that, but I saw two guards walking up and down the aisle speaking fast in a British accent.
"Leave that to me," Alex said. He pulled out a contractable bow and arrow and aimed carefully. He skillfully shot two arrows in each of their necks and they fell down. Alex walked over and yanked out the arrows. Then, he wiped the blood on his ninja suit. We trampled/flew/walked our way there.
We flew down more hallways before Starla said, "Stop!" We all froze. Starla summoned some white powder (hopefull not an illegal substance) and blew it straight forward. Soon, lazers and wires were showing.
"Just as I smelled. The smell of electricity," Starla muttered.
"The switch is on the other side," Lucy said, pointing.
"Easy," I said, as I flew around, avoiding the security systems. I pushed a button with my beak and the lazers came off and the trip wires going back into the wall.
Without my owl abilities, Starla's dragon scence, and Alex's stealthiness, we would have never made it there to the final door.
"This is it. He's behind this door," I said. Starla tried to punch the wall, but it hardly made a dent. Alex got out his bazooka, but there wasn't even a scratch. Instead, some writing appeared and a tablet.
"I've been around for thousands of years, but I'm not even a month old. Who am I?" Alex read.
"Oh, shit. A riddle, I'm horrible at those," Starla said.
"Let's see...what's been around...month...?" Lucy rambled on.
"I'm officially stumped," I said.
"But...it must be something in...?" Lucy muttered.
"Lucy?" Alex asked. Lucy had walked up to the tablet. We all crowded over her and saw her write the word "moon". The door started to shake, but it didn't open. Another riddle appeared on the door.
"Lucy!" Starla said.
"Lovely and round, I shine with pale light, grown in the darkness, a lady's delight. What am I?" I hooted. Lucy stood there for a moment with her eyes closed. After a minute, they opened again and her fingers wrote the word "pearl". The door shook again and...well, you already know.
"If you take off my skin, I won't cry, but you. What am I?" Starla read. Lucy autimatically wrote "onion". The door shook again and rose up.
"Lucy, you did it!" I cheered. Lucy turned pink.
"It was nothing. My mom and dad always gave me riddles when I was young. I guess I still got some skill left," Lucy said sheepishly.
"That was great, though," Alex said.
"Thanks," Lucy said. Starla didn't say anything, though but hissed at a man straight across from us.
"Vladimir..." she muttered. The mad smiled cruelly.
"Welcome, children. Ready to play a game?" he asked.
All riddles belong to Jim Taylor. Website where found was riddles.com. For more riddles click here. And continue reading!!! Thanks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment